The most important network of trusted contractors in Canada
I'm finalizing a purchase on a condo that needs the following work:
- Sink repairs in both bathroom and kitchen
- New flooring
- Paint job
- Kitchen update (wall to be turned into an island, new cabinetry)
- Bathroom update (new backsplash and possibly tiling)
There are a few other small things and I am still considering additional improvements but those are the core fixes. With any additions, I will, of course, update the budget. It is a two bedrooms condominium. The building association needs one-week notification before work starts. I would like to move with at least my furniture being stored in a room of the apartment. Please let me know the earliest date you could consider starting.
I have two bathrooms and kitchens that need to be fixed. A brief list of work is here:
- Basic Plumping like change the tabs, valves and sink pipe
- Basic Electric like install an outlet in kitchen, hood, fan
- Construction like painting, replace the cabinet, repair the frames, install a ceramic and tiles
I’ll give a bit of detail on the work we're looking to get done:
· Frame in and build a pantry in a corner of a room, with shelves
· Install closet area in the front entrance. Likely a closet rod, and some shelves
· Tile backsplash in kitchen
· Redo a bad tiling job on a small outdoor patio. Likely needs the subfloor replaced
· Small finishing on indoor tiling in kitchen
· Fixing of and finishing of cork flooring installation on one floor of the house
· Putting in baseboards on stairs
· Ripping out old linoleum and putting in new flooring in the small bathroom
· Finishing/touch-up of bathroom shower tiles
· Build front steps to house.
We would like to change our kitchen counters to a concrete plaque. The kitchen has 2 counters or surfaces that will need change (L shape both):
a) small one: area 1.20m2 (12.91 sqft) we would like to have around 3cm thick.
b) the second one is a little more complicated, it is also in L shape and has the sink on it. It has a surface of 2.63 m2 (28sqft) but, not all its surface is held by the cabinets. A "stripe of 1.96x0.30mts will only be supported on the sides. As well we think a thickness of 5 cm will be good.
I need to repaint my first and second floor of semi-detached house. Approx 1200 sq ft.
This kitchen has been executed last month except for the woodworks. Items need to be fabricated and installed.
The following specs are whats required:
1- White melamine finish on 3/4"particle/plywood or other based on fastest execution time.
2- Backboard for all units.
3- All related units must be elevated from the ground via pegs and hidden by a kickstand.
Units that need to be executed are:
a- Library unit (between cabinets and the door)
b- Foldable table (between 48" and 60")
c- Wall unit and desk (in the corner off of window)
d- Shelving unit (beside hood and range.
Installation of pre-build vanity to install in our basement bathroom (removal of existing vanity)
Please note - vanity should slip in as space is 36.5inches but may need to be framed (have a lot of framing wood) since there will be a gap, also plumbing comes from the floor not from the wall so vanity may need to be moved forward slightly - there are 4 inches to play with. Cut a butcher block counter (already purchased) into shelves for exposed cupboard shelves
- Installation of a sink cabinet with 2 drawers. Please note, plumbing comes out of the floor and cannot be moved into the wall (would be great if you could build a box around existing plumbing so not exposed)
- Moving shower head up 3-4 inches. Please note, the shower head is on drywall and plumbing is accessible from a wall behind (we have replacement drywall as needed)
- Ceramic floor installation. Tiles already purchased (tiny and lighter in color)
- Please note, the entire bathroom may be 4ft by 6ft (it is tiny!)
- Sliding door installation/removal of existing door and replacement - will have to frame the inside (we have the wood)
Installation of 2 doors upstairs (doors are purchased and in our home)
We can purchase all materials needed prior to start of work.
I purchased a home recently and will take ownership very soon. It is a 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom house and about 1400 sqft. I would like some work completed and am wondering about costs:
- Half of the basement is finished; the other should be dry-walled, painted, etc. with carpeting
- A walk-in closet needs to be built in the master bedroom which would require bathroom restructuring for 2 upstairs bathrooms
- 3 windows need be replaced
- Space needs to be created in the master bedroom for washer/dryer
- The house interior walls and garage door needs to be painted
We have a 3 doors garage ( approx 600 sq ft ) with cracks. At certain locations, the crack has about 2 mm height difference.
We would like to consider breaking down and rebuilding the floor in case there is a need to fill up the underlying soil which may experience loss over the years.
I want to add a room to the finished basement and looking for someone to execute the following:
- cut 22'5" off existing flooring to expose concrete foundation
- remove same length section off finished ceiling to anchor wall frame
- cut perpendicular 11'4" off existing flooring to expose concrete foundation
- remove same length section off ceiling to anchor wall frame
- frame and finish a wall (7'7" H X 22'5" W) to partition the basement, making a 11'4"X22'5" room
- install door to access new room
- frame and finish a second wall (7' H X 11'4" W) in the new room, to make a closet
- install door to access closet
Note that the electricity and lights have already been installed. Also, will need to remove 22'5" section off existing flooring to expose concrete foundation and remove the same length off finished ceiling to anchor wall frame.
All materials to complete the work have been purchased, looking for labour and guaranteed workmanship.