The trusted network of contractors in Canada
We are in the planning and budgeting stage. Renovating existed kitchen (~90ftsq) with appliance relocation. Kitchen is a "G" shape. planning to include the same cabinet style in the pantry area (~90ftsq) including flooring, backsplash, painting and countertop. Although we are not planning the most expensive materials, we are not planning to put back the old/dated materials either. We need first a free estimate/guidance on the design and ideas to make the kitchen easy to use. Following forward to hear.
I have 3 bathrooms that need to be renovated.
I have a powder room that has a vanity and toilet in a linen colour that needs to be updated. It also needs to be painted.
The main bathroom upstairs needs the most work. I'm dealing with mold. The tub and toilet are in a linen colour and I want white. The vanity and toilet need to be replaced. The fixtures and hardware as well. New tiling and painting needed. The fan needs to be updated so I'm not dealing with the mold issue.
The last bathroom is the ensuite bathroom and everything in their needs to be updated as well.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
We have a mostly finished basement which needs to be renovated into a separated apartment with a kitchenette. The total basement area for Reno is approximately 520 square feet. The Reno would include the following:
- All floors converted into either a laminate or carpet flooring option
- Finishing the cellar room (110 sq feet) (building a wall around the furnace unit)
- Extending the bathroom to fit a standing shower option (currently only vanity and toilet can fit)
- Remove a door and finish the wall from one side (living room to cellar)
- Create a new doorway from cellar wall to bedroom
- Breakdown one wall down from the living room to the stairs
- Encasing the stairway (building a wall and a doorway to separate the basement from the top)
- Replacing the ceiling and painting the living room
- Getting the corner of the living room kitchenette ready (sink, Fridge, Stove, counter, exhaust)
We are aiming to get this work finished by mid May this year.
I am looking for a contractor to build a below grade entrances to the basement. I have the permit to build 12 stairs below grade and side door in Caledon.
Please contact me if you can do this work.
Master bath renovation,
1) existing raised tub deck with sunken tub,
2) existing 36" x 30" drywall & tile shower stall,
3) remove existing 60" vanity
4) existing tile floor,
5) existing tile walls @ tub deck
1) new tile floor approx. 100 s.f. floor tile
2) new 3 sides board & tile @ shower 72 s.f.
3) new drywall board where raised tub deck removed
4) Install supplied 59" free standing tub
5) install suppled new 60" vanity double sinks
6) four LED pot light & three wall sconces
7) New supplied shower valve & head
8) install supplied toilet
9) some skim coating of ceiling where shower walls removed
10) new supplied 36" glass wall @ shower
11) generally good access
Attached is sketch @ 1/2" = 1"0"
note all plumbing, light, tub, toilet & vanity will be suppled by customer, Contractor to provide all labour, board, tile @ $4.00 s.f., paint, caulking, wiring, plumbing pipe etc.
Taking possession of a house early May. Need some work before moving in.
- Replace the tiles in the shower and the floor for 2 bathrooms
- Bigger countertop in the bathroom
- Dry wall in the basement
- New countertop and cupboard for the basement kitchenette
- Replace sliding door in the walkout for french door
Ideally would like contractors to attend at house to provide estimate for may start date.
Looking to get my kitchen and master bathroom redone, add 2 gas fireplaces, smooth ceiling with pot lights, and restore stairs
New cabinet, new countertop, new backsplash, remove a load bearing wall
2- Ceiling of the main floor to smooth (popcorn) and install pot light
3- Stair have carpet maybe to remove. Redo the banister, maybe just re-stains.
4- Bathroom :
There is a massive tub to replace with smaller one, new tile for flooring ans walls and new counter top and sink for the vanity. The shower goes into the next room closet, use this closet to make bigger and made with glass panel.
5- Gaz fireplace:
Not installation yet, they should line up on each storey
With city permit
As for my understanding
Removal of load bearing wall
1) New footing and 2 steel post in basement or Lvl post
Includes removal of old cement and dirt
And repair cement floor
2) Floor Joist sister up 12-2x10 in basement 16"
13 main floor 2x10 x16 " using framing nail includes structural simpson ties with 10D joist hanger nail
3) New steel drop beam or LVL max 15 " opening with post either side
4) Add 2- 2x10 to exiting (flush) intel
5) Old opening of door entrance 2"
New 3- 2x8 Lintel in basement enlarge opening 3"
using 2- 2x6"SPF post either side
Please send me the estimate
Kitchen and flooring are already gutted
Install shower glass wall in bathroom
Change all windows and doors
Redo the walls everywhere and re-paint
Hardwood floor to be install
New kitchen to be install
Paint the house
Finish the backyard
Redo the post on front and back porch
1. Countertops, sink and faucets for kitchen
a. Marble look for countertops
b. Deep stainless steel sink
2. Walls painted
3. Install under cabinet LED lighting
4. Countertops (marble look, same as kitchen), sink, faucets, mirrors and lights replaced for both washrooms
5. Painting walls for both washrooms
6. Washroom accessories replaced for both washrooms (i.e. towel holder, TP holder, etc.)
7. Under sink cabinets replaced in one washroom only with more practical cabinets (i.e. larger and with drawers)
a. This is for the 4pc washroom (see floor plan)
8. Additional cost for having one of the washrooms redone (i.e. not including the cost for countertops, faucets, etc that we have already included in point 4)
a. The washroom with the standing shower (3pc washroom)
b. Replace floor/shower tiles
c. Replace shower faucets with “rain” style showers
9. Installing a wall pass through for tv cables