The trusted network of contractors in Canada
We are extremely happy with our fence. He did not only our fence but our neighbours as well, plus had another neighbour a few doors down ask for a quote as well after seeing his work.
Although I felt a little bombarded with calls at first, I was very glad to have options. I appreciate how Smart Reno works and the service was a great help in time of need. Thank you.
Good service to qualify contractors and quotes.
Smart Reno's services save you time and help you avoid unpleasant surprises. Our general contractors are selected on several criteria, and their professionalism is proven! No need to hesitate, call Smart Reno for your renovation projects!
1. Countertops, sink and faucets for kitchen
a. Marble look for countertops
b. Deep stainless steel sink
2. Walls painted
3. Install under cabinet LED lighting
4. Countertops (marble look, same as kitchen), sink, faucets, mirrors and lights replaced for both washrooms
5. Painting walls for both washrooms
6. Washroom accessories replaced for both washrooms (i.e. towel holder, TP holder, etc.)
7. Under sink cabinets replaced in one washroom only with more practical cabinets (i.e. larger and with drawers)
a. This is for the 4pc washroom (see floor plan)
8. Additional cost for having one of the washrooms redone (i.e. not including the cost for countertops, faucets, etc that we have already included in point 4)
a. The washroom with the standing shower (3pc washroom)
b. Replace floor/shower tiles
c. Replace shower faucets with “rain” style showers
9. Installing a wall pass through for tv cables
With city permit
As for my understanding
Removal of load bearing wall
1) New footing and 2 steel post in basement or Lvl post
Includes removal of old cement and dirt
And repair cement floor
2) Floor Joist sister up 12-2x10 in basement 16"
13 main floor 2x10 x16 " using framing nail includes structural simpson ties with 10D joist hanger nail
3) New steel drop beam or LVL max 15 " opening with post either side
4) Add 2- 2x10 to exiting (flush) intel
5) Old opening of door entrance 2"
New 3- 2x8 Lintel in basement enlarge opening 3"
using 2- 2x6"SPF post either side
Please send me the estimate
This job is only open to contractors who possess a current City of Toronto license. This is for a house built in 1948 measuring 40' by 22'. An outline of services is as follows:
Part A – General Upgrades:
2) Remove/Replace Dismantled Brick Facing near front stairs of the house – remove/replace where required, to try to match existing facing
3) Repair a routine Water Leak – for the inside tap beside basement window that controls water flow to outdoor hose
4) Paint ceilings only in 5 rooms
Part B - “Accessibility Upgrades” Required at 49 Lunness Road:
1) Install new flooring in kitchen and bathroom, and reinforce structures as may be required
2) Eliminate trip hazards inside the house by leveling raised floorboards in 2 upstairs areas
3) Eliminate potential trip hazard at the side entrance to the house
4) Front Steps – reinforce railing which currently shakes when held; make repairs to concrete steps
Have a specific renovation project in mind? Looking for the right person to make all your ideas a reality?
Trust Smart Reno to recommend you the best general contractors in your area to carry out all your projects, no matter how ambitious!
Make your request today and receive a free quote very quickly!
There are many reasons why you may want to go through a general contractor: building, renovating or even extending your home.
No matter your project, we can recommend the specialists that best match your request with professionalism, speed, and a complete respect of your ideas. A general contractor has considerable skills in many areas of construction, making it advisable to call one for large-scale multidisciplinary work.
In order to plan your project in the best way possible, it is important to keep the following points in mind:
Do not mistakenly confuse these two experts: they do not have the same skills or the same qualifications! A general contractor has all the qualifications to supervise any type of work. A specialist contractor will only have specific skills in certain areas. These skills are certified by the RBQ.
In order to avoid problems with misunderstanding each other, make sure you fully understand your general contractor. Be clear about your project and don’t hesitate to go over your expectations in detail. In doing so, you ensure that the expert has a clear vision of the work and your satisfaction will be guaranteed!
Depending on the professional and the availability of their teams, a contractor may choose to hire companies to subcontract part of the work: roofing, electricity, foundations, etc. If you are concerned, do not hesitate to speak with your expert: he can reassure you about his choice of subcontractors and their skillset.
One of the advantages of a general contractor is that his skills allow him to manage team coordination, inventory of materials and deadlines. Therefore, you don’t have to worry about the logistics of your project.
Smart Reno makes it easy for you to find the best general contractors across Canada. You no longer have any excuses to put your projects on hold: contact us now to tell us about all your ideas!