The most important network of trusted contractors in Canada
We could not be more happy with our kitchen or the contractor! They did a fabulous job, were great communicators, have excellent vendors and were really nice people who we really enjoyed working with.
They were respectful of our budget, our time and we would recommend them to anyone.
Was quick and efficient little interaction with the ppl there
Contractor was very easy to work with and did a fantastic job. On time and great workmanship and left the site clean and tidy. Would recommend Frank and his crew anytime.
Dan , Scarborough, ON
No matter your renovation needs, Smart Reno will assist you throughout the selection process to ensure the best possible choice. Don’t waste time and avoid bad surprises!
Don’t hesitate to contact us to let us know about your projects!
1. Remove and dispose of the existing bathtub
2. Install drywall aqua board in bathtub area approximately 5 ft x 5 ft
3. Demolition of 2 non-load bearing walls (10 ft x 7.5 ft and 12 ft x 7.5 ft) and garbage disposal
4. Finishing of areas where demolition has been done
5. Remove baseboards throughout approx. 21 ft x 30 f
6. Remove laminate floor 10 ft x 11 f
7. Patch up walls as necessary, plaster tape as necessary
8. Painting primer 2 coats and pain 2 coats approx. 31 ft x 47 f
9. Remove and dispose of wooden shelving size 6 ft x 2 ft
10. Laminate floor installation approx. 7 ft x 30 f
I want to add a room to the finished basement and looking for someone to execute the following:
- cut 22'5" off existing flooring to expose concrete foundation
- remove same length section off finished ceiling to anchor wall frame
- cut perpendicular 11'4" off existing flooring to expose concrete foundation
- remove same length section off ceiling to anchor wall frame
- frame and finish a wall (7'7" H X 22'5" W) to partition the basement, making a 11'4"X22'5" room
- install door to access new room
- frame and finish a second wall (7' H X 11'4" W) in the new room, to make a closet
- install door to access closet
Note that the electricity and lights have already been installed. Also, will need to remove 22'5" section off existing flooring to expose concrete foundation and remove the same length off finished ceiling to anchor wall frame.
All materials to complete the work have been purchased, looking for labour and guaranteed workmanship.
I'm hoping to get my basement finished, or at least "pool table ready". It's approximately 700 square feet. If the budget allows, I'd also like to have a small bar built in.
Although often used as a storage room, the basement is a great space to add value to your home.
Smart Reno guides you to the best basement renovation contractors to create a unique living space in your home! No more holding back and dealing with incompetent contractors: we only recommend the best for your projects!
Want to give new life to your basement? The possibilities are endless! From a simple home office to a full living space, these improvements will give your home significant added value.
Trust the expertise of Smart Reno, we can refer you to the best specialists in your area while guaranteeing you a fast and reliable service.
Here are the things to consider before starting your renovation.
In most cases, the pipes used to transmit hot water and heating take a significant amount of room and lower the ceiling. It is therefore important to verify that this factor, in relation to the addition of a floor, does not impair your basement renovation projects.
Some basements were not originally designed to be livable. Among them, we find spaces in which the ground is not level or is slanted. Is your basement one of these special cases? Tell us about it in your project summary, and we'll find a renovation expert accustomed to this type of work!
What happens when there is moisture in your basement? This should be considered if you decide to integrate a bathroom in this new space.
Before you start planning this part of your home, we advise you to check the effectiveness of your insulation: it would be a shame to damage your newly renovated room because of humidity!
Basements are generally darker than the rest of the house. Carefully check the light sources available to you: basement windows, suitable lighting, etc. For a pleasant living space, your room should be bright enough!
Smart Reno will assist you throughout your efforts to help you make your basement a pleasant, sound and sustainable living space! Don’t hesitate any longer and embark on the great adventure of renovation! We will quickly find you a qualified contractor who will listen to your concerns and take your project to the next level.