The most important network of trusted contractors in Canada
No matter your renovation needs, Smart Reno will assist you throughout the selection process to ensure the best possible choice. Don't waste time and avoid bad surprises!
Don't hesitate to contact us to let us know about your projects!
As of October 1st, 2018, stoves and solid fuel stoves (such as wood, pellets, ecological logs and charcoal) must be replaced if they emit more than 2.5 g / h of fine particles into the atmosphere. After that date, the use of solid fuel burning equipment will become prohibited unless it has been recognized by the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) stating that its particulate matter emissions are within the standards.
As a resident, you could be fined up to $ 2,000. Companies could receive a fine up to $ 5,000 for using a non-compliant device.
All the owners of the 19 boroughs of Montreal city with a fireplace or solid fuel stoves (such as wood, pellets, ecological logs and charcoal) that emit more than 2.5 g / h of fine particles into the atmosphere.
NB: If you have a gas or propane fireplace, you are lucky! You have no changes to make and you can continue to use your device, because this new regulation does not concern you.
Sherry, Brampton, ON
Saved me a lot of searching, etc. Thanks!
Donna, Edmonton, AB
Easy process to use. With the contractors reaching out to contact me, I didn't have to chase them.
Find more details on the regulations via the website of the city of Montreal.
Don’t wait until the last moment! Contractors may not be available around October 1st, 2018. Ask for quotes today!
1. Remove and dispose of the existing bathtub
2. Install drywall aqua board in bathtub area approximately 5 ft x 5 ft
3. Demolition of 2 non-load bearing walls (10 ft x 7.5 ft and 12 ft x 7.5 ft) and garbage disposal
4. Finishing of areas where demolition has been done
5. Remove baseboards throughout approx. 21 ft x 30 f
6. Remove laminate floor 10 ft x 11 f
7. Patch up walls as necessary, plaster tape as necessary
8. Painting primer 2 coats and pain 2 coats approx. 31 ft x 47 f
9. Remove and dispose of wooden shelving size 6 ft x 2 ft
10. Laminate floor installation approx. 7 ft x 30 f
We would like to close in a patio door in the sunroom and a window in a closet. Remove the window/door, fill in the holes and drywall the inside and repair the siding (vinyl) on the exterior.
- My bathroom is approx. 6.5' x 6.5'
- Looking to do a full gut (new bath, floor, vanity etc...)
- Not looking to move any plumbing points